What? This week we learned about internet safety. We watched videos in class and participated in a class discussion about why internet safety is important and how we can talk about it with our students.
So What?
Internet safety is a very important subject to talk about with your students. Today students spend most of their time on some kind of electronic device. Through these devices students are exposed to tons of information and media. That's why it is important for us as teachers to teach our students how to properly use electronics not just for our class but for every day use.
Now What?
In my future classrooms I will definitely be talking about internet and electronic safety with my students. I plan to do this by having guest speakers, showing videos, and having class discussions about the importance of internet safety. I also plan on teaching my students how to properly research information on the internet. I will also give them tools and search engines that are educational and protected from inappropriate media. I also hope that as a teacher I can provide this information for my students parents as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment