Monday, April 18, 2011

My Beliefs

After this semester and doing this assignment my beliefs on technology have really changed. I really believe that technology and the internet are important and essential tools to use in your classroom. I think that with how fast technology is changing we need to keep up and make sure that students are learning in a way that they understand. Teachers always need to keep up to date on the latest information and technology because they need to teach to what is now and not what they are used it. I know now that it is important for me as a teacher to continue with my education and increase my knowledge so that I can keep up with my students and be a guide to them. This technology can really be a positive in your classroom if you really understand how to use it. 
Although I believe technology is important in the classroom I also think it is important for students to learn in a real authentic way because technology will not always be there. There are lots of ways to learn that don't involve technology and I really want students to remember that. I want students to work hard with their brains and learn how to receive knowledge without the click of a button. We don't know what the future will be like but we do know that computers crash, technology changes, and technology and the internet may not always be there. I hope that as a teacher I can hep my students stay up to date on technology but also remember what it means to learn the old fashioned way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment