After reviewing the UNI survey and the NET standards I found that there is still a lot about technology that I need to learn. From the NET standards my weaknesses were: Plan strategies to manage student learning in a technology-enhanced environment, plan for the management of technology resources within the context of learning activities, apply multiple methods of evaluation to determine studetnts' appropriate use of technology resources for learning, communication, and productivity. My strengths were: Teachers demonstrate a sound understanding of technology operations and concepts, teachers use technology to enhance their productivity and professional practice, teachers understand the social, ethical, legal, and human issues surrounding the use of technology in PK-12 schools and apply that understanding in practice. After reading these over I saw that I still have a lot to improve and learn. Some of my goals from these standards are to 1. Get more comfortable with my knowledge and practice in technology so that I can really take the lead and manage my classes and their activities. 2. Plan and implement multiple methods of evaluation, activities, learning, communication and productivity for my students to help make my class a more hands on and active learning environment.
From the UNI survey I seemed to be in the practitioner level a lot, there were a few where I was in the apprentice and expert level. The topics where I was in the Expert level were: Operate basic adn discipline-specific equipment use it to support insturction and inquiry specific to the content area, use World Wide Web sources to access information and analyze the authority, accuracy, currency, and relevance, use audio/visual resources (audiotapes, videos or slides) to access information and analyze the authorit, accuracy, currency, Tools to use information, and Software applications. The levels that I was at the appretance level with were: Trouble shooting knowledge of equity, legal, and human issues concerning use of computer and technology, use electronic informational and references sources to access information and analyze the authority, accuracy, currency, and relevance. I feel that my biggest goal and challenge from these would be trouble shooting. When I am using technology I feel that things usually run smoothly until I come across a struggle and I have no idea where to start to look for help. I don't know very many trouble shooting techniques and know that this is something I need to master so that i can help guide my students.
There are a few short-courses or workshops I know could really help me with my technology. The first technique I need to work on is trouble shooting and where to find help. Technology can be very frustrating at times and when I come across a problem I often feel like giving up and not wanting to go on. If I had resources or tools that I knew how to use with trouble shooting i would feel more comfortable with going out of my comfort zone and trying new things with technology and the internet. I would also really like to take a course on classroom management in a technology based classroom. Classrooms with computers and internet access are very different than a standard classroom. I want to learn how to manage a class where students are on computers and different activities and techniques i could use to help with management and involvement in the classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment