Sunday, April 10, 2011

10 April: Digital Cameras & Picassa

What? This week we learned about taking digital pictures and Picassa. We will be completing a collage with various pictures. 
So What?I will be working with many students who are visual learners and pictures a great way to get their attention. Collages are also a great tool to use when I want to use more than one picture in a demonstration. 
Now What? Digital Cameras are not just limited to cameras. Students now have cell phones and flip cameras that have cameras just as good as digital cameras. It would be easy to have an activity like what we did today because it is something students are familiar with and feel comfortable doing. Picassa is also a great easy tool to use with students. I think that this is a great way to show students how to use their own pictures for assignments and presentations rather than taking some from the Internet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment