I think the UEN website can be useful in many ways. One thing I love about it is how connected you are to other teachers and students. It's such a great way to share lesson plans and to find information for my teaching. I also liked that it had many uses not just for educators but for the students and parents as well. I will use UEN because it is a great way to stay up to date on accurate information as well as use numerous tools off of one site.
I thought that the Pioneer Library was a great tool for my classroom. I could see myself using it when doing research for different assignments. I like that it has not just articles but media and other resources such as encyclopedias. This would definitely be a place I would recommend and even require my students to use when doing research for papers or presentations. Not only is a great source for them but I will be able to use this resources for my own lesson plans.
I really like the Interactives page. Media and technology is huge with this generation and they are always looking for new things to look or play with on their computers. I think the interactives are a great way to have my students engage in my content and to learn extra information. I could use the interactives for assignments, as well as extra credit or just recommendations for my students to expand their knowledge and use their time wisely.
Overall I was very impressed with the UEN website. I know that it is something I will use in my teaching. I feel that the best way to make sure that I am always teaching with accurate information is to use the UEN website as my main resource. Having my Core Curriculum available on the website as well as lesson plans and other resources that align right with my Core will be so helpful for me and I know I will always have this website to turn to when I need help.
No comments:
Post a Comment