Monday, January 24, 2011
24 January- Everything Google
What?
Today we learned lots of things about google. Some of these tools I had already used but many I had not. We were encouraged to explore tools such as google docs, iGoogle, spread sheets, presentations, calendar, and forms. We are also doing an assignment on collaborative education websites and blogs.
So What?
For me this means a whole new world to explore. I had used google docs and calendar before but today I really saw how easy and convenient they can be for me. If I use this tools as a teacher it will help me to stay organized and know where I can find all of my information. I liked how today you said that google docs is more convenient than Word because it can be accessed from anywhere. I've used google docs and Word before and I've never thought of it like that. As a teacher I will be able to access all of my documents, agendas, emails, blogs, etc from one place. Adding to that idea I also made my own iGoogle page and love it already. For me this helps me to access multiple information on one page.
Now What?
Having this knowledge means that I will be able to use and teach it to my students. It will help them to stay organize and have an easy way to communicate with me. This new information has really taught me that all of my work and information doesn't need to be in five different places on my computer. This new information will help me to be a better teacher because I will have an easy way to communicate with my co workers as well as with my students. From what we've learned today I've seen many ways that I can assess my students using form and I can also share documents with my class rather than having to print everything out for them. This will also be useful for my students when working in group projects. Since many high school students are busy and don't get lots of time out of the classroom for projects this is will help them to work on the same document or assignment as their group members without having to meet with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment