After the first day of class and looking over the syllabus I am excited about the things we will be learning about this semester, but I do have many fears. My biggest fear with technology is not understanding or remembering how to do the things I've learned on my own. When I have a teacher or someone more experienced with me I feel more confident and can lean on them for help. My other fear is not having enough experience. I have never done a podcast, vidcast, digital story, or worked with UEN. So all of these will be new material for me to learn.
Although I have some fears I also feel that I have some strengths. I feel comfortable with computers and have worked a lot with them growing up. When I was in middle school I took a couple computer classes for summer school and seemed to understand and follow along well. I also use my computer often and have worked on PC's and Mac's.
After being in the education program I have learned how important and convenient it can be to keep up with current technology. I know that it is always helpful for me to have teachers who have websites or use blackboard and I would like to do the same for my students. I hope that in the class I can understand the things we learn well enough to use them in my future classes. My goal for this course is to take notes on each technique and topics we cover. I hope that I can use these notes to help me in the future remember what I have learned so that I can do it on my own. I also plan on practicing the techniques i've learned at home and sharing them with others to help master them.
No comments:
Post a Comment